CA again

Dempsey Jr., Paul E dempsey at marshall.edu
Mon Feb 18 09:54:31 MST 2008

List,

Last March I had need to CA a pinblock in a grand that, because of the very low humidity here in the Ohio Valley, had TP torque deep into the marshmallow zone and worse.

In November I tuned the same piano again and was happy to find the thing very tunable. Nice firm pins with no cracking and popping to speak of.

Last Friday I was back again to tune for a recital and found to my dismay pins that were so tight that I honesty expected to twist tuning pins in half!!

In February this is the last thing I would have expected. It's a big piano and has a double DC system installed but I found dust bunnies in the reservoirs. Yeah, I have given the "lecture".

Is it reasonable to think that the CA glue has taken a REALLY long time to completely cure?

Anyone with similar experiences?

Paul E. Dempsey, RPT
Piano Technician Sr.
Marshall University