Lubricating V-bar

Greg Newell gnewell at ameritech.net
Sun Feb 17 22:30:05 MST 2008

Ted & List,

                This is quite a stretch. You cite an example of horribly
improper use of any chemical and then condemn the use of one specific
chemical. This makes no sense to me. In your story you state that the WD-40
was sprayed. Well, no control of application there, right? Second you state
that the elderly toner put the lubricant on the bridge itself. I should
think even the most common of sense should tell anyone that a liquid does
not belong there much less a lubricant. Of course you would find loose
tuning pins and problematic bridges. I should think you would with most
chemicals that were haphazardly sprayed on and on improper surfaces to boot.
Seems to me it was not the problem of a bad chemical but rather an
uninformed choice of how and where to use it.

Greg Newell

Greg's Piano Forté

www.gregspianoforte.com

216-226-3791 (office)