Valuing ourselves

David Andersen david at davidandersenpianos.com
Wed Feb 13 12:42:05 MST 2008

WIM, I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND THE (sorry, caps lock) custom nature of
every tech's practice. My point is that there are ALMOST ALWAYS more
and better pianos to tune where you are than you are tuning. If you
want to tune better pianos, the best pianos around you,
continually raise your skills; make every piano sound and feel way
better; treat people as you wish to be treated, and your reputation
will build...as long as you keep raising your rates. Many technicians
do all but the final step, then wonder why they don't get the respect
they deserve.

As cheesy as it sounds, I want every tech with a sincere commitment
to win at this, and I'm grateful for the platform this list provides.
David Andersen