Meet the Lookerson's

Greg Newell gnewell at ameritech.net
Sun Feb 10 22:03:00 MST 2008

We need more people like you Ron. Older folks like the guy in William's
story have so very much to share.

Greg Newell
Greg's Piano Forté
www.gregspianoforte.com
216-226-3791 (office)
216-470-8634 (mobile)

This one is kind of special, and kind of sad. I wonder in a
situation like this, what this guy has experienced in his
life. Here's someone who might very well have spent many years
doing something high pressure and harrowing on a day to day
basis, who is now reduced by circumstance to hoping to relate
to anyone doing anything that's recognizably real. He so
seldom sees anyone DOING something not consisting of empty
motion on autopilot, that when he does, it momentarily takes
him back to when he could do something himself and he misses
it. As we age, we all get glimpses into this particular pit as
the body and mind provide progressively less of what was so
unappreciated and effortlessly available to us in immortal
youth. Imagine reaching a point where you can't do any of what
formerly constituted your life and self, with no real hope of
improvement and no ending date to work with. I've always loved
talking to the old guys. I never hesitated to abuse them a
little, talking to them like they were functional people
(which they haven't experienced in sometimes many years), and
watching the lights come on with the realization that they,
for the moment, aren't alone.

Ron N