Regulating With Metrics

alan forsyth alan at forsythalan.wanadoo.co.uk
Tue Feb 5 15:40:04 MST 2008

The most useful fact is that 1 litre (10 x 10 x 10 cm) of water is 1
kilogram. So when I'm at the supermarket and look at a 5 litre bottle of
coke, I say to myself, "to hell with that, I'm not carrying 5 kilograms all
the way home!"

And of course on the way home you pass by the pub and think 2 pints = a
quart; now that sounds much better!

Coming out of the pub, you realize that 1 litre = 1.75 pints, (1 3/4) . Now
that sounds familiar; yes that is the hammer blow distance. Mmmmnnn......
may as well go regulate that 2 pint Chickering Grand.

I think Mr Barnard can continue from here........

AF