DC factory

Ruth Phillips info at alliedpiano.com
Tue Feb 5 14:09:02 MST 2008

Hi,

After the NAMM show I have slowly caught up on old e-mail, so this is

bringing up a topic from a few weeks ago.

Roger Wheeler from Dampp-Chaser wrote a little bit about the factory.

I spent some time there recently and was so impressed it's worth writing

about.

It was striking to realize what is going on inside a factory in this
country,

and commented on it while there.  They have long-term, involved employees,

and Gayle Mair and Roger deserve great credit for what they have
accomplished.

Gayle has been such a proponent of inside promotions and raising of
employees'

skills that she was given an award by a NC business group as a top business
leader.

They are dealing with the same things we all are, namely rising costs for
health care,

supplies, utilities, shipping etc., but rather than go offshore they made
the decision

to stay put and streamline in a really smart way.

Gayle assigned one of DC's employees to study and redesign the flow of

people, parts and work.  The result is astonishing.  This was not an outside

consultant, this was someone who had worked the floor and knew everything

about DC.

They are committed to ever-increasing quality control, responsiveness to

technicians, keeping costs under control, and their workforce employed.

Just thought I'd share that as it was an impressive visit.

Best regards,

Ruth Phillips