Regulating With Metrics

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Tue Feb 5 11:55:27 MST 2008

Hi Alan :

I think you hit the proverbial nail quite squarely.  One comment below:

    Yes. You have highlighted the problems:

    1. It would have to be a 100 percent change and a very swift one, no
    dallying about and no "dual" systems.
    2. The government would have to do it in a very high handed, no
    nonsense manner.
    3. Who's going to put up with that?

I am reminded of that scene in Men in Black 1 when the Insects space
ship crashes in the back yard of that farmers house.  He is told to put
down his fire arm... and replies "You can have my gun when you pry it
from my cold dead fingers".... to which the alien replies... "Your
proposal is acceptable"... :)

Americans will never give up their inches any more then the English will
give up driving on the wrong side of the road :)

Cheers
RicB

    Just remember these simple rules:

    hectares (ha)  x 2.471 = acres
    hectares (ha) x 107,600 = square feet (ft2)
    acres x 0.404 69 = hectares (ha, indeed)
    square yard = 9 square feet (ft2) = 1,296 square inches (in2)
    mile = 5280 feet = 63,360 inches

    Etc.

    Sample of sane system:

    10 mm = 1 cm