Plugging and redrilling an action rail

John Delacour JD at Pianomaker.co.uk
Mon Feb 4 14:26:43 MST 2008

At 10:38 -0500 4/2/08, Farrell wrote:

>Looks real nice JD. However, won't moving the butts and wips down
>the rail now cause key capstan/wippen heel misalignment?

That's the next bit.  If you read the thread from the beginning and
the write-up you'd know the original mis-alignment was pretty
striking, so I'm not going to get it worse.  I'll add that to the
write-up when I get to it.  The way I work is first to ask "can it be
done and is it worth it".  I find the answer by taking measurements
and then I get on with other things until time and sleep present me
with the answer to the question "how?"

JD