fallboard lock

falcone1132 at comcast.net falcone1132 at comcast.net
Fri Feb 1 13:04:26 MST 2008

Hi list:

I just received a call from a customer with a quandry.  She has an upright and needs to lock it.  She has bought both the a"ultimate" acryllic one, and the Jarras models, but neither are large enough to fit around the fallboard and keybed area.  I suspect that it must be a very old piano that has been rebuilt (from her description)

I have looked through over 20 pages on Google to find the old-style fallboard locks that I installed in the 80's and 90's.  It was a simple steel bar bent into the shape of a "c", with a notch to accomodate an "eye" of a hasp which was screwed under the keybed.  It was large enough to fit ANYTHING, but could be bent (with brute force) inward to fit smaller pianos too.

I haven't seen these in years?  Did "Tuner's Supply" manufacture these?  I can't think of another solution for this customer??  Any advise would be appreciated.

Musical regards,
Marshall Connolly