question for the tuning masters

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco at luther.edu
Wed Oct 31 03:17:51 MST 2007

Jurgen Goering wrote:
> I have seen it and talked to Ulrich Sauter about the tuning. He said it
> is tuned with an EDT. I would be very surprised it anyone can tune it
> aurally. But then again, it may be hard to judge...
>
> On Oct 30, 2007, at 20:17, Gene Nelson wrote:
>     Anyone ever see Sauter's 97 note upright that spans one octave? The
>     question is: can it be tuned aurally? Gene

I've seen it, but the question I had at the time was of motivation. Why?
-Just to see if it could be done?
-Too much time on his hands and a factory at his disposal?
-Rich composer wanted to experiment?
-Eurocrat made a typo?

Why not add 4 keys, have it span 100¢ and test aural acuity?

--
Conrad Hoffsommer - Keyboard Technician
1-(563)-387-1204 // Fax 1-(563)-387-1076

- There comes a time in every man's life and I've had plenty of them.
- Casey Stengel