Jiffy leads

Jessica Masse ebonyandivory at on.aibn.com
Tue Oct 30 21:44:56 MST 2007

Hi,
Before you add weight for the sake of making the touch heavy, consider
this.  I have a customer with a grand piano on which someone else
replaced the hammer heads and a few other things.  One of the proficient
pianists of this customer had to discontinue her studies due to a hand
injury from playing after this work had been done.

I was asked to check the piano and found the hammer head molding to be
of a different material than the original (knowing the brand and
model).  Anyway the touch was very heavy and not properly regulated
including improperly spaced and traveled parts.

I had to remove, reshape and reglue the heads (I did a trial reshaping
on the ends to see if I could get the weight back to normal).  Then
spaced and regulated the action. The pianists in the house were able to
play again without straining their hands.

Jessica Masse RPT