Who'd like some brass butt plates that really fi

gordon stelter lclgcnp at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 28 16:58:19 MST 2007

   The machinist is quite reasonable, but I want to be
very fair to him. So I'm sending him a  sample, this
week, and then "we'll see".
     The originals (W,N&G) have bevels on the insides
of the tip bottoms ( where they straddle the stud )
which seem to be a "nicety" intended to make them
easier to tip away from the rail, without loosening
the screw much, but not truly necessary.  So we could
keep the price down by eliminating this aspect.
( Although he's the sort who might insist on keeping
it!) I do, though, want to use the slightly thicker
stock the "supply house" uses, but with slightly
shorter screws, as I find that these sometimes bump on
the butt's inside.
     Input and suggestions are humbly requested.

Peace,