jiffy leads

Brian Doepke bdoepke at verizon.net
Sat Oct 27 11:41:53 MDT 2007

I placed some trial leads on a few keys in a console last week.  I received
a call today from the owner claiming that the leads are not adding the
resistance she is looking for.  Actually, her daughter takes lessons on a
grand piano away from her home, and has the console at home.  She want to
get the feel more like the grand.

Is it logical to add another lead to see if that helps?  Or is this
overkill?

I already tried to have several dampers lift a little earlier , by moving
the spoon , but that did not add enough resistance either.

Brian P. Doepke, (dep-kee)
R.P.T. (Registered Piano Technician)
AAA Piano Works, Inc.
Piano Tuning-Repair-Purchase Consults