Spinet/Console Definition; was: Appraisal Value

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Sat Oct 27 08:29:24 MDT 2007

Mike,
Please note the absence of the 18K of nested replies that you
sent everyone. Trimming is easy enough, and makes the wading
easier as a result.

> These days you also have to be on the lookout for the fake studios,
> Kawai built some that are about 45-46 inches with the toe block and from
> outward appearance look like a studio. When you open them there is this
> resonator thing (I guess that's what it's for) above the pinblock that's
> about 4 or 5 inches tall that gives it the extra height.

No, it's not a resonator. It's elevator shoes to make the
piano look taller than it really is. Marantz and Universal did
this with their "players" too.

Ron N