Spinet/Console Definition; was: Appraisal Value

Cliff Lesher lesher at dejazzd.com
Fri Oct 26 20:38:26 MDT 2007

How about those 36"-tall pianos with keysticks that, just aft of the
balance pin, dive about 3 or 4 inches, their capstaned tail ends
providing direct blow to the wippens.  Spinsoles?  Consets?

Oh, and don't forget the 36" Weavers with the key-end, rocker
crowbars.   My name for them:  Out-of-control tail spin..ets.

To their credit, both types afford convenient action removal, making
them more consolesque.

Cliff Lesher
Winfield, PA