Opinions sought on use of "Pure Sound" wire in big old American uprights, please.

gordon stelter lclgcnp at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 22 10:58:21 MDT 2007

     I'd like to use this on all my rebuilds because,
here in Georgia, rust on strings is a  real problem.
I've also heard that on SOME pianos ( especially
relatively low-tension ones, like Steinway M's ) it
improves the tone. And that it eliminates the
"doinginess" on the low tenor unisons ( also low
tension ) on many other pianos.
      But I've been warned against its use on
high-tension, big old pianos  because of the increased
possibility of string breakage.
     ( And other issues, perhaps ??? )
     But, then, there is an endorsement of it from
Royal Albert Hall where their pianos ( large ones, I
presume ) were re-strung with it.
     So I'm a bit "befuddled" and am trying get as
many opinions as I can, before proceeding.

Peace,