can you say "damper lift rod" in German??

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Sat Oct 20 15:23:56 MDT 2007

>     Hello all,
>
>     I've got a client who has a Rieger-Kloss (Bohemia) vertical piano
>     that has a broken damper rod "hook."  The client has the broken off
>     piece, but I'd like to figure out if it might be better to get a new
>     lift rod than have the old one welded.  In either case, the rod will
>     have to be removed.
>
>     If anyone on the list knows the proper terminology--in german!--for
>     damper lift rod, I'd appreciate it.  Attempts to make the US
>     distributors understand what I'm talking about have been fruitless.
>
>     Jurgen, Ric, are you out there???
>
>     Thanks,
>
>     Dave

It's probably a press fit, and will drive out. If the original
was 0.135" (maybe a long shot, but worth a check), they're
$4.18 per hundred from Schaff - #545. Or find a nail or
something close to the original, hammer the end slightly out
of round, and drive it into the hole. Bend over, and cut to
length.
Ron N