Verdigris and Goof-Off

Erwinspiano at aol.com Erwinspiano at aol.com
Sat Oct 20 13:02:17 MDT 2007

I've tried Dry cleaners fluid..Perchlorethylene also known as  perc.  Also
temporary & very toxic nasty stuff.
  It's a shame there are no miracle  cures for the green goop.  All those
beautifully made maple  parts wasting away.  Maybe it was Planned obsolescence.

hmmm
  Dale

I  believe Willis & David Snyder "tried everything" including cleaning fluids
 such as Xylene, and gave them all flunking grades. That's not to say one
can't  get partial or temporary results, but nothing that could be depended on in
the  high end of the market. This included rebushing the afflicted flanges --
the  goo could leach out of the wood in to the new bushing cloth!
Sometimes I get good results with ProTek, but parts replacment is the  only
true cure.
Patrick Draine

On 10/20/07, David  Love <_ davidlovepianos at comcast.net_