Verdigris and Goof-Off

Michael Spreeman m_spreeman at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 20 10:47:51 MDT 2007

David,

We used to use "Renuzit" with fairly long lasting results.  It was apparently a dry-cleaning fluid, possibly 1,1,1-trichloroethane. Manufacture of the product appears to have been discontinued in the early 1970s. Occasionally a second dose at a 6 month return tuning visit would be necessary. It was taken off the market because of the nasty chemicals that will cause one to grow two heads and four arms, but I think one of the ingredients has similar properties to Xylene. No doubt the chem-heads will chirp in and provide the gory details.
                Michael Spreeman http://www.spreemanpianoinnovations.com