Concert Tuning for Jim Brickman

Terence Miller innuuuu at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 19 09:19:12 MDT 2007

Hi Terry:

  100 seat auditorium is a pretty small space.

  I suspect the biggest problem for an aural tuner would be the cycling  of the AC equipment. When the fans are blowing you lose many of the  higher harmonics. Once you've got acclimated to listening with the AC  on, it cycles off. So there would be additional re-checking over a  venue that had a more technician friendly environmental system.

  I would vote for full lighting IF the performance were to happen  immediately after your work. If you're tuning a couple of hours before  the show then having full lights brings additional temperature cycling  issues (that you can't control) into the story because management is  unlikely to pay for a couple of hours of show lighting in an empty  theatre.

  best

  Terry Miller

http://mail.yahoo.com