Concert Tuning for Jim Brickman

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Fri Oct 19 07:10:33 MDT 2007

> I use and ETD for tuning from a calculated curve. I have two questions.
> First, would an aural tuning process be better suited for this situation
> - my thinking is that every string the aural tuner sets has its pitch
> based on previous strings (read: previous octaves) - and maybe as the
> sections/octaves wander up and down with the AC, the aural tuner would
> be keeping better pace/pitch with the moving piano pitch?

I'd think aural would be the better choice. As the reference
moves, what you're tuning is moving too, and presumably in the
same direction, so the two should end up closer. A miserable
situation, in any case.

I've seen C7s that were very nice, and some like you describe.
Most are somewhere in between.
Ron N