Harpsichord Tuning

John Ross jrpiano at win.eastlink.ca
Wed Oct 17 09:01:53 MDT 2007

I have been asked to tune a double manual harpsichord to A440, Valloti Temperament.
It is in my ETD, so the temperament should be ok.
I have only tuned a single manual, and that was for a friend, 20 years ago.
They are stuck, and can't find anyone else.
What is involved in doing a double manual?
I know in an accordion, the different blocks are tuned slightly off the others, by so many cents.
John M. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada
jrpiano at win.eastlink.ca