tool box cleanout technical

Steve Blasyak atuneforyou at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 16 09:31:00 MDT 2007

Hey Now to Greg and all on the list.

Here in Orange County we have a tool auction every year. We do it in November. I have no experience in organizing it, so I do not declare myself as an expert in running the show. In a nut shell here is how it goes.

Those who wish to sell are encouraged to show up at least an hour early so we can sort through the stuff and display if possible. Members form all over our area are invited through the local news letter. We happen to have several chapters within fifty miles or so.

Interested bidders are given a number at the door. Of course you need an auctioneer and at least one person to keep track of the purchase price. I split the proceeds of anything I'm selling with the Chapter 50/50, but that's just me. I'm sure some just donate the entire amount to the Chapter ...or not. On at least three ocasions over the years I have bought out someone's entire tool collection who has quit or deceased. Usually there are only a few things that I need or am interested in. The rest goes in a box for the next tool auction!

This event is always lots of fun, a great chance to socialize with people you might not see on a regular basis, and raise money for the Chapter. Also members who have retired or family members of tech's who have passed away have a chance to sell tools to a very select group.

I tried to keep it short. Any questions feel free to email me privately or on the list.

Steve Blasyak

Prua Vida