Mold spore damage

Michael Magness IFixPianos at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 15 07:09:34 MDT 2007

On 10/14/07, Ronny Boyd <ronnybyd at yahoo.com> wrote:

>  Someone correct me if I'm wrong but a Heppa vacuum is one that has a
> Heppa filter in it which catches very small particles such as spores etc. We
> used them in the Power Plant that I worked in for vacuuming areas that were
> suspected to have asbestos and other small particles that could be harmful.
> Since it's not much different than a regular vacuum cleaner it shouldn't be
> a problem using it on a piano.
> Ron Boyd
> Milwaukee

Hi Israel,
I'm not familiar with the vacuum system you refer to however one of the home
claeaning companies her in my area has had for many years aroom at their
facility for removing smoke/mold and other odors. It is an ion reversal room
and items that have been smoke damages, ie rugs, drapes, furniture are
placed in the room and the doors are sealed and the process is run. I'm told
when the doors open it smells like right after a rainstorm., that fresh
smell. Perhaps something along this type of service would benefit the
instrument more, prior to the obvious work you'll have to do. I would hazard
a guess that at least bringing the question up when you consult with the
technicians would do no harm. You can get some more info if you google
"smoke/mold damage removal reversing ions".
Hope this is some help,
Mike
--
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing
is to not stop questioning.-- Albert Einstein

Michael Magness
Magness Piano Service
608-786-4404
www.IFixPianos.com