Fender-Rhodes tuning

Stéphane Collin collin.s at skynet.be
Sat Oct 13 05:13:37 MDT 2007

Hi Rob.

Just one thought.  You said the Rhodes is in a recording studio.  Most
probably, it will be used with other instruments, among which probably
synthesizers.  It is still very common use that synthesizers are not
stretched.  I think it would be good if you check your suggested tuning of
the Rhodes with those synths that are in the studio, just to avoid bad
surprises.  Maybe the stretching will do well enough with the synths while
certainly enhance the sound or the Rhodes in itself, but I would check.

Best regards.

Stéphane Collin.

Ah yes, I forgot that was in there.  I don't know why I didn't think of
that, Reblitz is a personal friend.  I would have felt pretty silly if I had
called and asked him!  Several of you have provided some great information
including pointing me to an on-line manual.  I think I should be able to
figure it out from here.  Not that it is relevant here, but I have a partial
set of Wurlitzer tines I salvaged from a really beat-up unit before I tossed
it.

Rob Goodale, RPT

Las Vegas, NV