How to best lighten the touch on a P-22, please ???

Annie Grieshop annie at allthingspiano.com
Tue Oct 9 10:36:22 MDT 2007

One of the things I've noticed on many new pianos is that they often have
absolutely no lost motion and the action feels verrrry heavy in comparison
with what I would expect.  I have also noticed that my upper forearms always
ache when/after I play those pianos.  Put some lost motion back, the tension
goes away.

I can only guess it's that teensy bit of initial momentum assisting before
the jack makes contact.  It took me a while to figure out that that was the
culprit, and I'm not at all sure that my analysis of the effect is
correct... but I do know that my arms stop aching.

Completely anecdotal evidence, just in case it gives you another perspective
(from somebody who's always more comfortable with quantifiable data <g>).

Annie Grieshop