Walter 175 hammers

Erwinspiano at aol.com Erwinspiano at aol.com
Mon Oct 8 21:23:41 MDT 2007

By the way Mark....I have juiced Wurzen felt, mainly in the  bass & my
warning is as little and as thin as possible if this is the  direction. Sometimes a
few drops of thin something (break in fluid) on the crown  in the Bass
bichords  & tenor thru not 40 help the initial  attack but usually not more.ie.  like
3 to  6 drops.
  Dale

>  Thanks, Del, Dale, and David. The hammers have  mahogany-colored moldings,
> so I guess that means Abel? Interesting.  The piano is in a large showroom,
> so I will advocate hardeners only as  a last resort. Meanwhile, it'll be fun
> to see how far I can take it  with polishing/ironing.
>
>  - Mark

And I'm sure  you're first doing all the requisite string leveling and
precise hammer to  string mating...right?

--
JF

Ron Paul for  President
www.ronpaul2008.com