Walter 175 hammers

Erwinspiano at aol.com Erwinspiano at aol.com
Mon Oct 8 21:15:37 MDT 2007

Mark
 It's really hard to make assumptions based on moldings. By the  way Ronsen
supplies mahogany moldings on request.  It's called
sapele...or.....(suh---pee-- lee). So not necessarily Abel. In fact Charles  asked me about the tone of
one of his pianos in Feb at the Cal. He was going to  try the Bacon felt as
the consensus including mine was that the hammers in the  piano were  strident
sounding.
  Dale

Thanks,  Del, Dale, and David. The hammers have mahogany-colored moldings, so
I guess  that means Abel? Interesting. The piano is in a large showroom, so I
 will advocate hardeners only as a last resort. Meanwhile, it'll be fun to
see  how far I can take it with polishing/ironing.

-  Mark