Puzzler

Michael Magness IFixPianos at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 7 22:26:32 MDT 2007

On 10/7/07, Ron Nossaman <rnossaman at cox.net> wrote:

> > I've never seen a split action rail. Where and how does it split?
>
> Hardly ever cross grain, or where there's no joint...
> Ron N

I have to vote for the back seperation, the top is covered with felt on
those if I remember right so you wouldn't see the seperation. If the side
were coming off you would also have noticable lost motion on that end which
you don't mention. I have neither seen nor heard of a split action rail
except those that were made that way on purpose in old players, certainly
not one that split apart on it's own, must be something in the south Florida
air that does that!
Mike
--
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing
is to not stop questioning.-- Albert Einstein

Michael Magness
Magness Piano Service
608-786-4404
www.IFixPianos.com