Puzzler

tom tomtuner at verizon.net
Sat Oct 6 20:26:44 MDT 2007

            I sent my answer without explanation –sorry.

            The reason I think it is the side of the piano causing the
problem is that the action is mounted on the keybed which is screwed to the
arms which is screwed to the side. All this assembly is intact. Now picture
the back of the piano ( Soundboard ,backposts,plate ,strings etc.) leaning
forward toward the front of the piano.

            Damper timing as you describe is the tip off with blocking
hammers coming in second as the letoff is probably ½” on this thing from
years of not being regulated.<G>

            That’s my guess as to what’s happening here.

            Tom D.