Specific trapwork lubrication suggestions requested again, please !!!

gordon stelter lclgcnp at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 6 18:40:59 MDT 2007

Sorry to ask this again;  but my customer, who decided
he didn't want it fixed, suddenly changed his mind. (
Sheesh !!! ) I looked in the archives and couldn't
find the GREAT answer I got from someone, and couldn't
find it in my folders, so here I am, again, humbly
begging for advice for lubricating these 5 types of
contact areas.....
A) Dowell ends to "shoe leather" on underside of
damper tray, and tops of trapwork levers.
B) Dowell, where it goes through large bushed hole in
keybed.
C) Hinge pins, in big bushed holes in trapwork lever
brackets.
D) Metal to leather ( where pedal rods meet trapwork
lever ends ).
E) Metal pins in dowells, that pedals rotate on,
inside  lyre base.

     The owner of the piano ( Sohmer "Cupid" grand,
1927 ) a very nice
"Big Shot" and I'll say all sorts of nice things about
you, to him, if you come to our assistance !
     Thanks!
     Gordon