Jack Spring punchings

Annie Grieshop annie at allthingspiano.com
Sat Oct 6 08:52:51 MDT 2007

Ol' Al was full of 'em and was certainly very talented at self-promotion.
An interesting character, to be sure.  And his quotes are memorable because
his metaphors were so powerful.

I do hope that someday someone will adequately biographize the women in his
life, as they played a very large role in both his work and his reputation.
(But maybe not his body of quotes.)

My favorite factoid is that while Albert enjoyed cigars, his second wife
thought pipes were more professorial, so she made sure there was always a
rack of pipes on his desk for photographs.  The power of image over
reality.......

Annie