Jack Spring punchings

Michael Magness IFixPianos at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 6 08:56:16 MDT 2007

On 10/6/07, John Formsma <formsma at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10/6/07, Dean May <deanmay at pianorebuilders.com> wrote:
>

> > I guess its all perspective. My take was that old grandmothers were so
> wise
> > that you had better know your stuff if you were going to try to tell
> them
> > anything or they'd show up your lack of knowledge.
>
> That was my perspective as well.
>
> I've had "radical" ideas compared my grandmother's generation.  Now
> that I'm older, I find that my grandmother wasn't nearly as loony as I
> once thought. <g>  In fact, I'd say I'm finding myself coming to many
> of the same conclusions.
>

> --
> JF
>
> Ron Paul for President
> www.ronpaul2008.com

I kind of took it that way myself but Annie was, I believe looking at it in
todays poltically correct context. In that being able to suitably break it
down to a simplistic enough form to be able to explain it to an elderly
woman. At which point one has insulted both the elderly and women.
I went to the listing of old Albert's quotes, there are about 400 and chose
a few I liked, he returned to the theme of the hot something and the pretty
girl a couple of times.
I saved my favorite for the last one.
When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit
on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

When a man sits with a pretty girl for an hour, it seems like a minute. But
let him sit on a hot stove for a minute -- then it's longer than any hour.
That's relativity!
How do I work? I grope.
Imagination is more important than knowledge
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different
results
Lasting harmony with a woman (was) an undertaking in which I twice failed
rather disgracefully.
Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new
He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He
has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would
suffice.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value.
Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with
the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed.

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing
is to not stop questioning. Albert Einstein

Michael Magness
Magness Piano Service
608-786-4404
www.IFixPianos.com