Introducing the Crownulator w/o typos

Jude Reveley/Absolute Piano juderev at verizon.net
Fri Oct 5 12:04:55 MDT 2007

  Wow, Jude!

  Does your jointer really have 0.5" of crown!?!?!?

  Big ;-] there.

  Tee hee. Yeah I guess I better do something about that. Actually, the little dial says .7, so it's .750 which is O position, just for clarity...

  Pretty cool thinking.  I like it.  Why did you choose a 12" span vs something longer (I'm thinking 18" to 24" would introduce less error).  Obviously longer wouldn't work so well up in the treble, but for the middle of the board.......

  I made longer spans too that the gage will pop into but for the sake of consistency, I chose a span that would measure the treble as well as the middle and fit right underneath the bridges in as many spots as possible. Try that with a longer span even in the middle. Remember it's not string and you still have to get past all the beams.  Also there is a a danger of the longer aluminum spans flexing and steel gets pretty heavy.

  Regardless, nice work, and, if I make my own, will you still send me the knives??

  Nope just the lemon peeler.

  Here's my latest project.......
  (not telling which one is me)

  William R. Monroe
    Jude wrote:

    For all you folks that have already made your Farell/Wixey/Lowell downbearing guages and are wondering what to do with your old bubble guages, I introduce..

     "The Crownulator" (patent pending)...:)

    Finally a guage that accurately measures crown to the thousandth of an inch and fits up in the high treble and other tight spaces.................

    Jude Reveley, RPT
    Absolute Piano Restoration, LLC
    Lowell, Massachusetts
    (978) 323-4545