Conover 66 Grand

Kerry kkean at neo.rr.com
Fri Oct 5 08:17:47 MDT 2007

Is anyone familiar with Somerset pianos? I remember my dad had one in his
store years ago, a 4'10". The low bass was not much more than you'd expect
from that size piano, but the rest was incredible. It's the only one I've
ever seen, and I've always wondered if it was representative of the brand,
or one of those anomalies that occasionally pop out of factories when all of
the stars line up just right. I heard that Baldwin had an Acrosonic spinet
like that, they kept it locked away and every few years a new crop of
engineers would disassemble it, measure everything, and put it back
together, still totally in the dark as to why it sounded so good. Ah, sweet
mystery of life...

Kerry Kean