why I don't post

Michael Spreeman m_spreeman at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 2 09:21:19 MDT 2007

Psych project or not, making one's first post is a bit like being a kid and moving to a new school with all the fear and trepidation of that first day; wondering if you're going to be accepted or assaulted.  With the small ratio of those who post to those who lurk,  my advise for the non-posters is to lock your ego in the closet and go for it; you may find your input scrutinized, but at least you're not going to get beat up at recess. I'm a fairly confindent individual and felt my initial posts  unwelcomed.  But one should consider the possibility that many of the mainstream participants don't have a clue who or what you are with the first few posts and be prepared and open minded for whatever responses may insue, whether seeking advise or offering it.  I was fortunate to have one "welcome to the list" post from my friend Blind Willy whom I had the pleasure of working with in California (thanks, btw, William).  By "sucking it up and hanging in there", I've made several new wonderful friends that I would never have otherwise, and have found the numerous respones to my posts to be quite informative, interesting, and even humorous at times.  Attempt to keep your emotions in check and your responses analytical,  attack and most likely you'll be attacked, approach your initial post like you're a guest in one's home and the odds are in your favor for kind acceptance. Bottom line:   it's well worth the effort,  so ,,, what are you all waiting for?

                Michael Spreeman http://www.spreemanpianoinnovations.com