Tuning pin drilling? followup

Erwinspiano at aol.com Erwinspiano at aol.com
Mon Oct 1 11:52:45 MDT 2007

Gotch
  I also will refine my set up & give another fair hearing. Thanks  of
sharing....Dude
  Dale

When I'm drilling on a stationary press I never drill twice & my
> pin fit is very consistent.For me it's so much quicker easier. I also
>  have a very accurate way of determining the plate hole center  which I
> like & so I probably won't switch any time  soon.
>   Dale

Whatever works for you. I find that two  quick passes takes
maybe 10-15 minutes longer total then one careful and
controlled pass and produces a better job in my shop without
blowing  insufficiently dehumidified air at the bit and block.
I ain't selling  the technique, just sharing something I
learned along the way that might  benefit someone else as it
has me.
Ron N