removing soundboard intact

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Thu May 31 21:46:22 MDT 2007

> In order to remove the bridges for duplication, I find it necessary to
> remove the soundboard from our chapter's lovely Everett grand.

Wow! Where to start? Why do the bridges need duplication? Why
do you want to remove the bridges for duplication, rather than
recapping them in situ? Why do you consider the soundboard to
be fine, when the bridges aren't? Etc, etc, etc.

>I am
> planning on turning it upside down and soaking the glue joints with a
> mixture of wallpaper remover and water, then hitting it with a heat
> source.  Are there any special tricks I should know?

None that I'm aware of that work, but then I've never removed
a soundboard with the intention of putting it back in. What's
the story here?

Ron N