kneading hammers

Joe And Penny Goss imatunr at srvinet.com
Wed May 30 15:50:30 MDT 2007

Hi Rupert,
see #318 on my site.
These are no longer available as a tool, but if you have the plier we can
drill the holes
and sell you the tips that can be used for lead swedging or squeeze voicing.
I never could get use to the vise grips as they always seem to lock on me.
Squeeze voicing for me is not fine regulation of the tone but avery quick
way to get close to where there is little or no needeling necessary.
Voicing can be done from the side as well as the top skin of the hammer. If
you think of what you do with the end or point of the needle , that is the
target area for the pliers to squeeze.
Over squeezing of the tip can be overcome by pounding the tip of the
supported hammer, with a solid object ala needle voicing in a grand. Or in
an upright, pressing the hammer against the string.
Joe Goss RPT
Mother Goose Tools
imatunr at srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com