Fujan lever

Erwinspiano at aol.com Erwinspiano at aol.com
Mon May 28 22:18:21 MDT 2007

Hi David
  Yes, yes, join the Fujan revolution! Pronounced  (Fuyan) according to the
hammers maker.  I have used to for about 2 months  & love tuning again.  I like
the 15 degree head but as you've  discovered sometimes it needs the extension
which I just received.   I also bought the 5 degree head with extension &
with the short  tip it mimics the spec on my Yamaha hammer  set up.  A very  good
hammer in it's own right but the other day I was tuning a  Steinway  B we
restored &  I'm very familiar with the  pinblock feel so I pulled out the Yamaha
only to discover how truly heavy it is  compared to the Fujan. I find that
with the extra head it's easier to spin  the head out of the handle than to
change tips. Just my 2  cents
  Dale

I'm very  much enjoyng my new Fujan lever, and will say more on it shortly.
A couple  of weeks ago I posted a pic showing how it needed the tip extension
(now  ordered) for an old cheap upright.  Now here's a couple of pics to show

that it's not just old cheap uprights that call for the tip  extension!  This
is the one and only Bosendorfer I tune, the  fantastic Bosendorfer upright.
It belongs to a music teacher who really  appreciates it, and formerly had a
huge ancient S&S  "Vertegrand".

Best,

David.