Articles on Pinblock Replacement?

Dave Smith dsmith941 at comcast.net
Sun May 27 16:34:17 MDT 2007

I am probably faced with replacing my first pinblock, in a Knabe 1937 5'4"  grand.  Although I can perphaps get the help of Mr Farrell and Mr Bondi, I want to study up on my own as much as possible,  Have tried searching the CD's of journal articles, but my searching skills are equal to my pinblock skills.

So, can anyone please point me to good journal articles, hopefully including month and year?  Or any other good reference material.  Although I have helped Phil Bondi remove a plate from a grand, I have yet to do this myself.  I am reading the drilling pinblock postings of late with great interest.  I wont want to tool up as much as some of you have, just because at this late date, I probably wont ever do this again more than once or twice.

Again, thanks for any help!

Dave Smith
SW FL