QUESTION ABOUT AN OLD PIANO

alan forsyth alan at forsythalan.wanadoo.co.uk
Fri May 25 17:01:34 MDT 2007

Sounds like the right figure for me too. Of course if they've been making old uprights for 80 years and new uprights for only 20 years then the statistic should be applicable everywhere!!!! (Big G)

 I usually tell the customer that an old upright could either be kept for sentimental value or semi-mental value. That normally gets those capstans rocking!

And talking of comparing old pianos to great grandma's car, here is our great grandfather's car with the whole family aboard; picture taken in 1910.

AF