Re-threading Lever Shank

Paul Chick (Earthlink) tune4 at earthlink.net
Fri May 25 08:19:16 MDT 2007

The tap you describe is a pipe thread, with the taper made in the tap and
the die.  Just rethread if you're sure it's right.

Paul C

Subject: Re-threading Lever Shank

Unfortunately my favorite tuning hammer suffered metal fatigue
at the end of the threading.  This is a old stationary Hale which I
was given by a customer whose father tuned in this area years
before I came on the scene.

I've looked in the archive and found that it's 1/8" pipe with 27 tpi.
I have that tap but don't know how to effect a taper.

Is any machinist setup or this?
--

Regards,

Jon Page