New Planer in Shop

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Tue May 22 11:51:44 MDT 2007

Hi Paul - Wixey, not Dixey! No they didn't. They supply a variety of
brackets that are supposed to work with most benchtop planers. I just bought
a small sheet of steel and cut, bent and drilled - brackets took less than
an hour to fabricate with my crude methods. I purposely mounted the gauge
and track several inches out from the machine to provide some flex
(side-to-side, not up and/or down) to accommodate misalignment. Worked
perfect the first time.

If your machine is like mine, I have a bunch of close-up pictures of the
brackets. If they would be of benefit to you, let me know and I will email
them to you or anyone else privately.

What is a DRO? (Digital Read Out?)

Terry Farrell