Yamaha CP70

David Doremus algiers_piano at bellsouth.net
Mon May 21 16:37:43 MDT 2007

william ballard wrote:

> As I remember, when setting the initial ladder of a 3ds/6ths
> temperament, the C#3-F3 M3d had the same beat rate as the C#4-F4 3d.
> Actually achieving the flat slope of M3ds beat rates which the Baldwin
> 243 vertical only dreamed of. I also remember tuning the acoustically
> (no external speaker).
I think you are right about the 3ds, amazing what modern innovation can
produce. Tuning acoustically works as well as anything in someones
house, onstage with all the usual commotion not so easy to hear. I still
have a set of bass strings going begging, what no takers? Im shocked,
shocked....

--Dave
New Orleans