New Planer in Shop

Rob & Helen Goodale rrg at unlv.nevada.edu
Sun May 20 22:16:57 MDT 2007

Looks nearly identical to my Powermatic right down to the gauge.  Even the power switch and the cute little feed speed handle.  The castings look the same too.  Probably made in the same factory.  Of course everyone knows piano companies NEVER market products under different names.  I'm guessing Grizzly must be owned by Jet.  Jet owns Powermatic although they are made in different factories under different management.  The Jet products are not near as good but they are the corporate controllers.  Kind of like how Kimball used to make the world's crappiest pianos but owned Bosendorfer.

Rob Goodale, RPT
Las Vegas, NV

   I've had my new thickness planer for about a week now.

  http://www.grizzly.com/products/G0454

  I have only pushed a few test pieces through it, and it seems just fine. I spent a long day setting it up - getting all specs to factory specifications. Note the digital thickness gauge on the right side of the bed (see photo below).

  Who the heck was it that alerted pianotech list readers to the Wixey digital gauges? All of them are very, very nice. I also bought their calipers. They work great!

  Terry Farrell
  Farrell Piano

  www.farrellpiano.com
  terry at farrellpiano.com