Live at the Atelier: Mordecai Shehori

David Andersen Pianos david at davidandersenpianos.com
Sun May 20 14:45:18 MDT 2007

Live at the Atelier: Mordecai Shehori
You're Invited.....

I kept hearing these stories about an artist and
teacher from New York, a legend in the unbelievably
critical and picky New York City classical scene; a
man who could produce tears of emotion and
revelation and then booming belly laughs within a
short period of time in a master class; someone who
the staid minions of the "paper of record," the Times,
cannot seem to get enough of:

"...Fiery displays of muscle, with poetic undercurrents
to remind listeners that there is art within this music's
gymnastic contours...It is this balance of daredevil
showmanship and pure musicality that explains the
lure of Mr. Shehori's playing....What sets [him] apart
from most virtuosos with their off-the-shelf
performances is the poetic inwardness and rapturous
intensity of his playing;  Mr. Shehori has developed a
cult following in New York piano circles."
The New York Times

Then a long-time friend and client of mine---a woman
who existed and thrived deep in the heart of the New
York music scene for many years---exploded with
animated delight when I casually mentioned I was
thinking of doing a concert with Shehori:  "Oh, he'd be
PERFECT for the Atelier...he's an amazing player,
very emotional, and one of the warmest, funniest
people ever...oh, that'll be great....he'll have us all in
the palm of his hand..."

So: I got a bunch of his CDs and listened, and then I
called him up and talked to him.  I love his playing, and I
can't wait to see him live. I understand completely what
Mr. Young says:

"Mordecai Shehori is a marvelous pianist in almost
every conceivable category.  Indeed, if elegance had
a middle name, it would be Shehori.  At last here is a
pianist who not only understand the power of
gentleness but puts it to work at every opportunity.
Though it goes without saying that his technique is
impeccable, something more is afoot when he
plays....he found a way to harness the storm before
the storm."
John Bell Young
American Record Guide

My friends, please join me for what promises to be a
beautiful afternoon, when the force called Mordecai
Shehori is let loose on the avid music lovers of the
Atelier in his Los Angeles debut....I can't wait. Sparks
will fly. Let's see if the "Left Coast Times" loves him as
much as they do in New York.....

DATE: Sunday June 10, 2007
TIME: 2:00 PM
LOCATION: The Atelier
RSVP: Jenika 310-457-5604

Coming Up
Live at the Atelier: Starr Parodi

Sunday July 15th, 2007 2:00 PM

Find out more about Starr Parodi: - http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=skehaacab.0.lphucacab.xksck5bab.644&ts=S0249&p=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.Myspace.com%2Fstarrparodi
---

Live at the Atelier: JenikaEve

Saturday August 18th, 2007 6PM

Find out more about JenikaEve - http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=skehaacab.0.mphucacab.xksck5bab.644&ts=S0249&p=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.myspace.com%2Fjenikaevemusic
---

COMING THIS FALL:

Tamir Hendelman, Mike Garson Trio,  Mario Feninger,
and more....stay in
touch...

Call Jenika
or email us and let us know how many will be
coming and we'll give you all of the details.

We'll see you soon---for a magic afternoon...

David Andersen Pianos

email: david at davidandersenpianos.com
phone: 310-457-5604
web: http://davidandersenpianos.com

Forward email
http://ui.constantcontact.com/sa/fwtf.jsp?m=1101602572631&ea=pianotech%40ptg.org&a=1101659345234

This email was sent to pianotech at ptg.org,
by david at davidandersenpianos.com

Update Profile/Email Address
http://ui.constantcontact.com/d.jsp?p=oo&m=1101602572631&ea=pianotech%40ptg.org&se=644&t=1101659345234&lang=en&reason=F

Instant removal with SafeUnsubscribe(TM)
http://ui.constantcontact.com/d.jsp?p=un&m=1101602572631&ea=pianotech%40ptg.org&se=644&t=1101659345234&lang=en&reason=F

Privacy Policy:
http://ui.constantcontact.com/roving/CCPrivacyPolicy.jsp

Email Marketing by
Constant Contact(R)
www.constantcontact.com

David Andersen Pianos & The Atelier | Ocean View Ave | West Los Angeles | CA | 90066