protek shelf life?

Tom Sivak tvaktvak at sbcglobal.net
Sun May 20 07:59:30 MDT 2007

Paul, thanks for your response.

  I'll try washing it out next time, but I hate to just toss a full hypo-oiler bottle of Protek.

  So basically you're saying that the Protek is dissolving the plastic in the bottle?  Or that the bottle comes with these plastic shavings inside.

This is the 4th or 5th fillup of this bottle, and I never noticed the flakes before.  I assumed it came from the Protek since the bottle was the same.  Curious...

  Tom

PAULREVENKOJONES <paulrevenkojones at aol.com> wrote:
    I have always washed out the hypo-oilers with soap and water after I experienced the same thing several years ago. The Protek is no at fault. What I think you're seeing are bits of plastic from the molding of the bottle.
  They're small, and perhaps a bit whiter in color than the liquid.  I call them "flakes" because they're shaped like little corn flakes; flat and irregularly shaped.  They don't seem stiff, but flexible and diaphanous.

  I have to say that the liquid in the new bottle of Protek (the old one is almost empty) is clearer in color than from the old bottle.  The Protek in the old bottle is yellower.
  This also is my experience, and have found no alteration in its effect.

  Paul

  It still works, though.  I've used it recently with the usual great results.

  Anybody ever see something like this?

Tom Sivak
  Chicago