Steaming out bushings (was how about for damper felts)

Barbara Richmond piano57 at insightbb.com
Sat May 19 13:27:18 MDT 2007

John

I've posted this before.  Here is the set up I've been using from the mid 80s.  My experience is the same as Ed Foote's, except <once> when I had to soak the bushings before hand to get whatever glue that was out.  I hate it when I see stains on the key buttons.  I want my work to be good and look good.

The rack thing came from an old music store--it was originally used to sell 8 track tapes!  There are probably better and more gracefull set ups, but this works well for me.  By the time I've pulled out one key's bushings, the next (already steaming) is ready.  You just need a good work space for the keys for before and after (steaming).  I use sort of an L lay out.

Barbara Richmond, RPT
in for a moment on this beautiful day for gardening
near Peoria, IL