What's up with Fazioli? Heard he sold....

J Patrick Draine jpdraine at gmail.com
Wed May 16 18:36:53 MDT 2007

Gordon,
Perhaps you are thinking of the Falcone piano? Santi Falcone started
making his pianos in the early 1980s after some years as a retail
piano dealer and rebuilder of Steinways (then located in Woburn, MA).
After opening a factory in Haverhill MA various difficulties led to
him losing the business to his investors. At that point he no longer
controlled the brand name "Falcone Piano." After several changes of
ownership I believe the Burgett brothers (PianoDisc, Mason & Hamlin)
owned the Falcone brand, and sold it to American Sejung, who started
making "Falcone pianos" in their Chinese factory. Santi was quite
disheartened but ... there was nothing he could do about it. And no,
there's no comparison between the original Falcone and the modern one.
PS A friend is hoping to sell a 6'1" "real" Falcone if anyone is interested
Patrick Draine